Thai Chicken Curry
- 10cm piece of lemongrass stalk (the base of the stalk)
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, sliced thinly
- 3x10cm coriander stalks including the root, cleaned
- 10 coriander seeds
- 4 long red chillis, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 red apple, grated
- 1 small red eschallot
- 1x1cm piece shrimp paste
- 5g palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1.2kg chicken marylands, skin on
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 350ml coconut milk
- 80g button mushrooms
- 1/2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 200g green beans, top and tailed
- 1x 225g can bamboo shoots, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 bunch thai basil, rinsed
- 2 long red chillis, sliced
Prep time: 20mins
Cooking time: 25mins
Place the ingredients into mortal and using the pestle, work the curry paste ingredients into a paste.
Place the chicken legs and thighs into a large bowl and toss with the cornflour, pour the curry paste over the top, add the coconut milk, button mushrooms, fish sauce and soy sauce.
Toss to coat the chicken and place into a minimum of 2 litre microwave sage dish with lid.
Put into the microwave on HIGH for 24 minutes, turning every 6 minutes.
In the last 5 minutes add the green beans, replace the lid and continue cooking for the final 5 minutes of cooking time.
When complete, stir through the bamboo shoots and let rest for 3-5 minutes, garnish with the Thai basil and red chillis.
Recipe by Breville