- 600g skinless and boneless chicken thighs
- 200g chorizo, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 small green capsicum, diced
- 2 ribs celery, sliced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp cajun seasoning
- 300g frozen green prawns, peeled
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- One bunch flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
Cooking time: 6-8 hours
Combine chicken, chorizo, onion, capsicum and celery with chicken stock, tomatoes, garlic and Cajun seasoning in the crock. Stir to combine and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
After 6-8 hours have elapsed, open the lid and stir in prawns, rice and green onions. Replace the lid and cook for a further 20-30 minutes, or until prawns turn opaque.
Garnish with finely chopped parsley and serve.
Recipe by Crock-Pot®