Citrus and Peppermint Tea
- 1 orange sliced to 3mm thickness
- 30g lemon verbena leaves, picked and washed
- 60g mint leaves, picked and washed
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 7 hours
Wash and dry the ingredients in a salad spinner to remove any debris.
Line perforated baking trays with baking paper and lay the ingredients in a single layer.
Dry lemon verbena and mint for 3 – 4 hours in the Warming Drawer on Plate Warm setting 1.
Dry orange slices in the oven on Fan Plus at 95°C for 3 hours. Turn oranges over halfway through the drying process.
In a food processor, coarsely chop the orange slices. Add the mint and lemon verbena and crush by hand. Alternatively, leave
fruits and herbs whole.
Mix well to combine all ingredients evenly and store in airtight jar or vacuum sealed bag.
When preparing tea, place 1 tablespoon of tea and blend into a teapot and refresh with 250ml boiling water, infuse for 3 minutes
before straining and serving.
HINTS AND TIPS
- While herbal teas can be delicious alternatives to your common tea bag, it is important to note that not all ingredients are suitable for regular daily consumption. Especially for children, pregnant or breast feeding mothers.
- We advise to research when crafting your own herbal blends and seek professional advice if you have any concerns.
- Tea blends can be served hot or over ice for a cold option.
Recipe by Miele