Asian Crispy Chicken Burgers
- ¼ cup sriracha
- 375ml buttermilk
- 6 skinless chicken thigh fillets, cut in half horizontally if thick
- ½ cup plain flour
- ½ cup rice flour
- Vegetable oil, for deep frying
- 6 burger buns, halved
- Japanese mayonnaise, to serve
- 350gm Chinese cabbage (wombok), shredded
- 2 carrots, thinly julienned
- 1 continental cucumber, deseeded & thinly julienned
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh mint
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp caster sugar
Prep 30 Min
Cook 10 Min
Place the sriracha and buttermilk in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add chicken thighs. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes, or overnight if you have time.
Place the plain flour and rice flour in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Remove chicken from marinade and allow excess to drip off. Season chicken with salt and dust in flour, shaking off any excess. Transfer to a plate.
Half fill a large saucepan with oil to 180°C. Cook chicken, in batches, for 5 minutes, or until cooked through. Drain on paper towel.
For the dressing, whisk together all the ingredients in a large bowl. Add the cabbage, carrot, cucumber, onion and mint. Toss to combine.
Place a mound of salad on the base of each bun, followed by crispy chicken and a squeeze of mayonnaise. Top with bun lid and serve.
Recipe by Falcon