10 ways to get home chores done without all the effort!
1. Make cleaning the house easier – and faster – by creating a special toolbox for the job. Keep all of the cleaning products in one caddy and take it from room to room. This saves you extra time and effort from walking back to the kitchen to collect new products for a different room.
2. Make sorting laundry easier by installing a fold-back bench for sorting and folding.
3. Invest in a dishwasher that does all of the hard work for you, like the new Electrolux ComfortLift . The lower rack lifts up towards you, so it makes unloading the dishwasher easier. It also has an XXL wash system that gives you 25 per cent more room for larger items, such as platters and pots. There is also a handy lift out cutlery drawer. Visit National Product Review to read reviews and watch feature videos
4. When you’re on your way to bed, wipe down surfaces and collect clutter as you go. Keep a basket and a cloth handy for this purpose. This will streamline your cleaning process and make it less of an effort by the end of the week.
5. Create divided hampers or different baskets for dirty washing: one for lights; one for darks; and one for delicates. That way, sorting your washing is already done for you!
6. Invest in smart home technology that will streamline and organise your life, such as robot vacuums and Smart fridges. You’ll not only zip through your weekly cleaning before you know it, you’ll also do it with less effort!
7. Fold your clothes as you take them out of the dryer, instead of collecting them in a basket. You’ll be more organised and will sort your washing quicker. Best of all, it cuts down on wrinkles so you’ll have less ironing!
8. It’s time to divide the cleaning chores up! Assign specific jobs or areas to each member of the house, so cleaning becomes more manageable .
9. Invest in a table or stand for your washing basket at your clothesline. Having wet laundry accessible at table-height, you’ll save time and effort hanging your laundry.
10. Let’s face it: the more stuff you have in your house, the more you have to clean. Spend a day culling your clutter and set up a bag for things to go straight to charity. At the end of the day, you’ll have less objects to dust and polish!
Article originally featured in Home Beautiful Magazine.